Today, I have enthusiastically accepted a Liebster award from the lovely Alex at Sincerely, Alex. Alex, you rock!
Seriously guys, go check her out. Not only does she run her lifestyle blog (check out this post about refinishing a worn out coffee table; coffee table envy is normal, right?), but she also has an Etsy shop called Echo and Birch where she sells fabulous printable stationary and customizable cards and invites. Cool!
So, a Liebster? My first thought: what does this word mean? According to Google, it means: darling, beloved, affectionate. So this is the blogging equivalent of an affectionate hug—I think. 🙂
The Liebster award is given to new blogs deemed worthy by the previous blogger who was Liebstered—it’s a chance for new blogs to get discovered and share the good stuff with more folks. Make sense? I scratch your back, you scratch mine and everyone on the interwebs wins because GREAT CONTENT IS SPREAD AMONGST THE MASSES.
Discovery. Networking. Internet hugs. Sweet, sweet nectar.
Quick, boring rule break: answer the 11 riveting questions provided by your nominator (be awesome and thank/link back to that spectacular individual, of course) and then pay it forward by nominating 11 more bloggers with fewer than 1000 followers; come up with 11 spicy questions of your own for your nominees to answer. Voila! Rules, drools, over and done.
Now, let’s get to those questions! This’ll be fun. 🙂
- Aside from blogging, what are some of your favorite hobbies?
I love to read! And I also love to hang out with my family, more specifically be active outside with them. Check out this sweet photo evidence:
2. What is your favorite place in the world that you have been?
We love Grand Marais, Minnesota. Love, love, love it. Ethan and I honeymooned there and we’ve gone back each year since with our little O. That hiking photo? North Shore, baby.
3. What is the one place in the world that you would most like to visit (that you haven’t already)?
I’ve had the opportunity to see some beautiful places: Africa, Turkey, Greece, Italy, cruising on the Mediterranean, Aruba, St. Barths, gorgeous Caribbean waters, the Colorado Rockies, the Oregon coast, the Boundary Waters, Glacier National Park, Idaho (I mean, wow, what a gem), but I still prefer what we call “Up North” around here. So, Michigan it is! 🙂
4. Any pets? Tell me about them!
Nope. Husband, little boy, and a yard full of squirrels completes our zoo.
5. What do you love most about blogging?
Creating content. I truly love to write! And I’m getting excited about connecting with my blogging friends through opportunities like these—internet relationships aren’t easy for me, but they are oh so important and, dare I say it, kinda fun!
6. What is something you’ve done or achieved with your blog so far that you are most proud of?
Starting it! Diving in, taking the risk, and just getting at it.
7. What was the inspiration behind the name of your blog?
It’s a simple name and one that hearkens to my childhood. I talk about it more in my about page, so go check that out to learn more!
8. If you won $1 million right now, what would you do with it?
Pay off all of our loans, start a business for the hubster, and adopt some babies.
9. What food are you craving right now?
A medium Caribou coffee white chocolate Campfire mocha. Please and thanks.
10. What is the one film that always, without fail, makes you cry?
Patch Adams. Laughter, tears, all you’d ever want in a film. And Robin Williams.
11. What is something you read recently that really inspired or motivated you?
Love Does by Bob Goff (affiliate link). Easy to read, simple to digest, and incredibly engaging and thought-provoking. This is one I’ll read again, and I don’t do that often.
Thanks again for the nomination, Alex! Keep being spectacular over at Sincerely, Alex and beyond.
Now for my 11 questions:
- Who’s your favorite blogger?
- What’s the thing/person/place that motivates you most effectively?
- Where do you physically do most of your blogging from (couch? bed? kitchen table? sandy beach?)?
- If you could have dinner with any one person, here or gone, who would it be?
- When is your most productive time of the day?
- Watery expanses or mountain ranges?
- What’s your favorite season and why?
- It’s Friday night: what are you most likely up to?
- Sweatpants or leggings?
- Who has been your biggest supporter on your blogging journey?
- Cat crazy or doggie lover?
And here are my nominees (drum roll, please):
- Sharilee at Arm Chair Decorator
- Lily at Lily Daily
- EG at Reborn Stronger
- Jenna at Firshe’s Clothing Closet
- Zoe at Zoe June Design
- Kennedy at Healthy Habits Happy Heart
- Lana at Simply Flawed
- Brianna at The Sassy Direction
- Becca at Escape to Vava’u
- Brandie at Graphic Brewery
- Kathy Schwanke
That’s all she wrote! Thanks for hanging out over on flannelgraphs today—you guys are the best.